Lahore Medical & Dental College offers student two academic program options – undergraduate medical education (MBBS) in which students are accepted in the first year class for the five years program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S). Our college of dentistry offers undergraduate dental education (BDS) in which students are accepted in the first year class for the four years program leading to the degree Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.).
If you are interested in our other academic programs, please select from the following: Lahore College of Physical Therapy, Lahore Pharmacy College, Ruth Pfau College of Nutrition, Ruth Pfau College of Biomedical Sciences.
ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR SESSION 2021-2022
Admission process will start in July, 2021. Following is the eligibility criteria for admission in MBBS and BDS for Session 2021-2022:-
- A candidate must have passed F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) or equivalent examination having minimum twelve years of education with a minimum of 65% marks from any Board or University or must have passed, obtaining minimum 65% marks in aggregate in an examination of a course from a foreign university or examining body or foreign education system with at least three science subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics and certified by the inter-Boards Committee of Chairman (IBCC) as equivalent to higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc. intermediate level of Pakistan.
- A candidate must have appeared in the Entrance Test (MDCAT) with passing marks according to PMC/UHS admission policy.
For Foreign or Overseas Students
- A student who does not hold a Pakistan nationality, or holds a dual nationality or is an overseas or a non-resident Pakistan citizen and having obtained their HSSC or equivalent 12th grade qualification from outside Pakistan with three subjects out of which Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics are mandatory subjects with 65% aggregate as certificate by IBCC in the above terms shall be accepted in aggregate and the candidate shall be eligible for admission in the MBBS/BDS course with any study group whichever the IBCC may write. It shall be responsibility of the candidate to get equivalence certificates from IBCC, Islamabad for recognition of his/her qualification.
- A candidate must have passed the Entrance Test (MDCAT) Examination conducted by the National Medical Authority (i.e. PMC).
The merit list is arranged by a weightage formula as under:-
- Sc. (Pre-Medical)/ HSSC/ Equivalent (50%)
- Admission Test (MDCAT) (30%)
- Interview/test to be conducted by college (20%)
MCQs based (written) test from below subjects: (50 % weightage)
- Biology (20%)
- Physics (10%)
- Chemistry (10%)
- English (10%)
Oral (50 % weightage)
- Communication Skills
- Passion towards Medical Profession
- Aptitude/General Knowledge
- Proficiency in English
NOTE: LMDC will follow the admission policy of PMC/UHS. The Change in above mentioned admission criteria is done as per Admission Regulation 2021 announced by Pakistan Medical Commission on 4th June, 2021. Furthermore, any change if needed, in admission policy by the concerned regulatory authorities shall be implemented even after the admission forms have been submitted.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR SESSION 2021-2022
For hostel charges & information please contact our campus using the phone number provided on the contact page.
Please note that the admissions policies can change based on PMC guidelines.