Lahore Medical & Dental College offers student two academic program options – undergraduate medical education (MBBS) in which students are accepted in the first year class for the five years program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S). Our college of dentistry offers undergraduate dental education (BDS) in which students are accepted in the first year class for the four years program leading to the degree Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.).
If you are interested in our other academic programs, please select from the following: Lahore College of Physical Therapy, Lahore Pharmacy College, Ruth Pfau College of Nutrition, Ruth Pfau College of Biomedical Sciences.
Instructions for MBBS/BDS Admission (Session 2020-2021)
- National MDCAT Examination will be held on 29th November, 2020.
- Candidates having 65% marks in F.Sc./Equivalent and 60% marks in National MDCAT will be eligible for admission.
- After declaration of MDCAT result, the eligible students will submit an application to PMC within 15 days period from the opening date.
- PMC will issue a national merit list by calculating 80% of the aggregate (i.e. 50% of MDCAT and 30% of F.Sc. marks) on 14th January 2021.
- The college will conduct an interview for remaining 20% weightage.
- College shall provide a final merit list of all applying students to PMC after calculation of 100% merit aggregate on completion of interviews.
- Merit Criteria is as follow: –
- 50% weightage to MDCAT marks
- 30% weightage to F.Sc. marks
- 20% weightage to Interview conducted by colleges.
- For Foreign/Overseas students SAT-II shall be equated with the scores of MDCAT by using a weightage of 40% for Biology, 35% for Chemistry and 25% for Physics.
- No separate Quota shall be given to Foreign Candidate.
- Admission shall be concluded by college on or before 15th February, 2021.
- Interview dates will be announced later.
The candidates will be interviewed as per Pakistan Medical Commission Guidelines.
The following area will be assessed:
- Communication Skills
- Passion for joining Medical Profession
- IT Literacy
- Professionalism & Ethics
- General Knowledge
- Economic viability
For hostel charges & information please contact our campus using the phone number provided on the contact page.
Please note that the admissions policies can change based on PMC guidelines.