Head of International Student Affairs
Dr. Shawana Mufti
“My goal is to facilitate high quality academic programs and student/faculty experiences via this international collaboration, while promoting cross-cultural awareness, emotional intelligence and global citizenship. Our program prepares students to thrive and lead in a diverse world society both professionally and socially.”
Dr. Shawana Mufti is the newly appointed Head of International Student Affairs for Lahore Medical & Dental College. In this role she works towards developing programs for LMDC students to train in the US by facilitating collaborations and affiliations with US based institutions.
She is a graduate of King Edward Medical University and completed her residency in OB/Gyn from New York Medical College in New York City. In addition, she is a certified Life Coach and personal growth mentor.
Dr. Mufti is the recipient of numerous accolades, including being voted “Top Doctor” for the Washingtonian magazine. She is a known philanthropist involved in several humanitarian efforts in Pakistan and internationally. In her free time, Dr. Mufti enjoys hiking, trekking, and traveling.
- Owner and Operator of Fairfax Loudoun Ob/Gyn, Virginia, specializing in minimally invasive, laparoscopic and robotic surgery, and high-risk Obstetric care
- Weight loss Specialist and Head of Loudoun Medical Diet Clinic
- Certified Life Coach for relationship counseling, couples, and family therapy
- Served as Life Coach and Consultant on Dunya, Geo, AAJ TV, and TV ONE television networks
Professional Certifications & Affiliations
- Fellow of American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (FACOG)
- Certified Strategic Intervention Life Coach, Robbins Madanes Academy
- Graduate from Isha Institute of Inner Sciences Engineering, a study in fostering global harmony through individual transformation.
- Team Leader and Chief Coordinator for US-PAK Medical Mission, an NGO providing free medical care to underdeveloped countries while fostering US-PAK relations.
- USA co-chair (past) for The Edhi Foundation, a non-profit social welfare organization
- Graduate of Kinnaird College, Lahore
- Graduate of King Edward Medical College, Lahore
- Categorial Resident in Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York Medical College
- Chief Resident, Gynecology, Franklin Square Hospital, Maryland