at Lahore Medical and Dental College
The doctor of physical therapy (DPT) is a full time 5 years Post-baccalaureate degree. The DPT Degree was created by American Physical Therapy Association (APTA the DPT degree is a clinical doctorate that signifies that the therapist has completed the necessary training to become an entry-level physical therapist.
DPT at Lahore College of Physical Therapy is recognized by University of Health Sciences, which is a world renowned public sector university.
Lahore College of Physical Therapy stands distinct because of student centered approach and is focused on enabling graduates to work in a dynamic healthcare environment as a part of a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
The hallmarks are:
- Specialized dedicated faculty.
- Best clinical practice area in vicinity of the academic campus with adequate patient flow in various departments including musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, pediatrics, women health, sports and orthotics and prosthetics.
- Lahore College of Physical Therapy student society for extracurricular activities
- Closely interlinked groups of students to help you through academic and professional issues.
Any one of the following qualifications is necessary for an applicant to be eligible for consideration. All foreign qualifications must be supported by an Equivalence Certificate issued by Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) of Pakistan with the application.
- A minimum overall score of 60% in Pre-Medical group of Higher Secondary School Certification or equivalent in Pakistan.
- British Advanced Level Certification with Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The score should be over 60% (Pre-Medical) in the IBCC Equivalence.
- US Grade-12 or Canadian-Grade 12 or 13 Diploma (minimum GPA 3.0) accompanied by an Equivalence Certificate from the IBCC of at least 60% HSSC Pre-Medical qualification (that will require inclusion of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English in the final 3 years).
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (12th grade) from other countries with Biology, Chemistry and Physics accompanied by an Equivalence Certificate from IBCC of at least 60% HSSC pre-medical qualification.
Submitting the admission form you received with the prospectus along with all the mentioned documents is required for application for admission.
If you are shortlisted for the admission process, you will receive a call from our communication manager for an interview in front of selection committee.
If the interview committee shortlists you for admission you will receive a call from our communication manager. Along with the good news you will be given a date to submit your dues, only after the timely submission of dues your seat is confirmed.
As per the policy of UHS\HEC Lahore College of Physical Therapy offer merit and need based scholarships to 5% of the students. However, if you perform excellently in final examination of UHS and secure top positions in university, college will award you with prize money.
Yes. The College has a hostel of its own across the college campus with all the facilities. The hostel premises are guarded to provide safe environment to our students.
Physical therapists work in variety of settings including:
- Rehabilitation centers
- Special schools
- Sports teams and clubs
- Private clinics
- Home healthcare agencies
- Colleges and Universities teaching physical therapy
According to the 2011-2012 Occupational Outlook Handbooks, published by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the PT markets are expected to grow well into the next decade. “Employment of physical therapists is expected to grow 39 percent from 2010 to 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations,”
Admission Open 2022
Pharm-D, RCNS, & RCLS programs.