CRITERIA FOR SESSION 2023-2024
Following is the eligibility criteria for admission for Session 2023-2024:-
For Local students
- A candidate must have passed F.Sc. (Pre-Medical)/HSSC or an equivalent examination from outside Pakistan with three subjects out of which Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics are mandatory subjects with 60% marks in aggregate as certified by IBCC in the above terms shall be accepted.
- A candidate must have passed the MDCAT (55% marks for MBBS and 50% marks for BDS).
For Foreign Students
- The applicant must have permanent foreign nationality or is an overseas (being a Pakistani citizen permanently resident in a foreign country) Pakistani, and who has studied and passed HSSC 12th grade examination or equivalent from outside Pakistan and is a resident of a foreign country at the time of applying for admission and possess a certificate from the institution last attended to this effect.
- The applicant having obtained his/her HSSC or Equivalent 12th grade qualification from outside Pakistan with three subjects out of which Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics are mandatory subjects with 60% marks in aggregate as certified by IBCC in the above terms shall be accepted.
- The applicant must have passed a foreign SAT II examination with a minimum score of 550 in each subject or a foreign MCAT examination or UCAT examination with 50% marks in the subjects as prescribed in PMDC regulations.
The merit list is arranged by a weightage formula as under:-
- Matric/SSC/Equivalent (10%)
- (Pre-Medical)/ HSSC/ Equivalent (40%)
- Admission Test (MDCAT) (50%)
NOTE: LMDC will follow the admission policy of PMDC/UHS. Any change if needed, in admission policy by the concerned regulatory authorities shall be implemented even after the admission forms have been submitted.
LMDC practices a transparent process to ensure meritocratic selection of the prospective candidate.
LMDC uses weightage of the following parameters to determine the merit for MBBS and BDS programs:-
- (Pre-Medical)/ HSSC/ Equivalent (50%)
- Admission Test (MDCAT) (30%)
- Interview to be conducted by college (20%)
- Understanding of English language
- Knowledge for Medical Education
Following sub-clause shall be applicable on the interview marks:-
- All candidates shall be provisionally awarded interview marks based on formula (i.e. 20% of arithmetic mean of F.Sc. and MDCAT scores).
- Candidates who would appear in the interview; the final marks shall be awarded based on the performance in the interview or as determined by the formula in clause-1, whichever is higher.
- In case a candidate remains absent in the interview; the final marks shall be awarded as determined by the formula in clause-1
- In case a candidate scores less in the interview as compared to the marks determined by the above mentioned formula in clause-1, the candidate shall receive the marks whichever is higher.
NOTE: LMDC will follow the admission policy of PMC/UHS. Any change if needed, in admission policy by the concerned regulatory authorities shall be implemented even after the admission forms have been submitted.
FOR BDS ADMISSION
Photo copies of following documents must be attached with the application form:
- Valid Matric or Equivalence Certificate along with ‘O’ Level Transcript
- Valid F.Sc or Equivalence Certificate along with ‘A’ Level Transcript
- Domicile Certificate
- CNIC of Student & Guardian
- Entry Test Result
- Four Passport Size Photographs (with blue background)
Rules & Procedures
FOR BDS ADMISSION
- Admission schedule of MBBS courses is advertised in the national dailies and on website.
- Eligible Student can submit their application for admission through online/courier/walk-in.
- Test will be conducted.
- Selection will be made pursuing the PMC/UHS criteria.
- A number of 75 candidates will be selected for admission in BDS class.
- Selected candidates will be informed of their admission through E-mail or text message.
- Selected candidates will be given a time of three days for depositing college dues.
- Failure to deposit college dues in time will result in cancellation of admission.